Want to contact Vikapu Bomba?
- At Vikapu Bomba we take pride in the highest standards of customer support.
- Our customer service team works 6 days a week to help you with any questions, concerns or orders.
- We always strive to reply within 24 hours to your enquiries.
- You can also approach us with any question or idea.
Please find below the right method of contacting us for your enquiries.
Visit our store
We are located at the first floor of the Bomba Museum in Iringa, Tanzania.
- Our store is open Monday to Saturday from: 08:30 am - 17:30 pm
- Store phone number: +255 759 316 210
B2B & Wholesale
Interested in selling Vikapu Bomba products.
Please contact our sales team at: email@example.com.
Our team will get in contact with you within 24 hours.
Fill in below form for contact
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the Iringa baskets made off?
All our products are handwoven from a local reed grass called Milulu which grows along rivers in the southern Tanzanian highlands. The grass is dried for about a day before it is bundled for weaving.
How long does it take to weave a basket?
All of our products are hand woven and the weaving time varies depending on the product. Materials harvest takes a day 4 walking hours to the farms go and return. Drying process takes 2 days for the materials and one two two month finished products. Leather attaching for products with leather happens at our workshop, all hand made attached,
Number of weaving products:
- Our smallest Iringa basket (8cm high) takes 1 day to weave
- A side bag takes 2 days to weave.
- A back pack takes 5-7 days to weave
- A tote bag takes 7-9 days to weave
- The laundry hamper takes 10-15 days to weave
- A set of six round nesting baskets takes 1 month to weave
- A set of six square nesting baskets takes 1 1/2 months to weave
Is there anything to be aware of when using the baskets?
All our products are very sturdy and last for years. The only thing they are susceptible to is water. In case your basket or bag ever gets wet, please make sure you put it in a dry location, or best in a sunny spot so it can dry completely.
Where is the Vikapu Bomba store located?
Iringa Boma Regional Museum, Tanzania.
How does Tanzanian delivery work?
We currently ship through buses that goes to the specific regions in Tanzania and notify you of the shipment with receipt number to collect at their offices in your region. Please reach out directly to us if you have more questions.
How does International Delivery Work
Small packages we use EMS or DHL, for large volumes we use Airfreight Swiss Cargo or Sea Freight.
How do I place a wholesale order?
We are delighted by your excitement for our wholesale products. For the wholesale catalogue and additional information, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.